Although our main purpose is personal volunteering, throughout our history we have annually also provided funds to organizations with which we have long-standing relations or have selected for a single specific need.
- Organizations assisting women, children and the elderly are the principle recipients of these funds which are raised through annual gala events at selected venues.
- The highlight of our gala events is a silent auction offering a selection of exclusive items.
- Some of these are generously donated by Italy's most famous designer names. Others are offered by our members who include many talented artists. Members also make available their vacation homes or provide a professional service. Original-design quilts stitched by our quilting group have also contributed to our fundraising activities.
- In 2012, for its Support the Children fundraising efforts, AWAR received an award medal from the President of Italy, Giorgio Napolitano.
- Beneficiaries of financial asistance from AWAR include:
- Oasis San Giuseppe and Santa Teresa
- Oasis Celestina Donati
- Casa di Kim
- La Befana
- Differenza Donna
- Villaggio Don Bosco
- La Città delle Ragazze (Girls' Town)
- Alzheimer Uniti Roma Onlus
Information about each of these organizations can be found on the preceding page.